April 04, 2012

How do you take a 3 foot tall hulk seriously?

So thanks to my Mountain Man, my two boys know all the Marvel Comic Book superheros.

Yesterday, my youngest and I went shopping for Easter dresses for my oldest daughter and myself.  Since he has to come with me wherever I go, we share shopping experiences.

 Let me say first, I   LOVE  Goodwill and any other thrift stores.  They are perfect for my 3 children who grow 1-2 inches in 6 months to a year.

Anyways..so, while shopping, I pull the Mom card and declare "it's my turn" at looking at "girly" stuff.  Meanwhile he pokes his head out from underneath racks of clothes after hiding to see whether I'm watching him.  This game has been recently crushed after startling an older lady by mistaking her dress for the rack of clothes.... whoops.

Then it's his turn and we head for the toys isle.  This isle, I have to admit, is a treasure chest.  You find an occasional find, but otherwise it's settling for a "new" used toy.  For my Mowgli, this is just fine.

However, this last visit, WE SCORED!!  We found the right hand from a pair of Hulk foam hands.  If you could get to know my little Mowgli, it pretty much sums up his personality.  He was punching trees, the ground, and walls.  It came in handy after a disagreement over the swing, but that was nixed and he was given his last warning.

Some kids have teddy bears or woobies or pillows they cuddle with to go to sleep, he's got his Hulk hand. We just have to take the batteries out every night...I can sleep through thunderstorms; however, last night,  I had dreams of a green monster breaking walls above me and growling out "HULK SMASH PUNY HUMAN!!"