April 05, 2012

Galatians 4: 6-7   Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Sons into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out "Abba, Father".  So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.


I have asked my Dad for everything under the sun.  Most of my requests were answered with a gentle, "Think about what you just asked for."   Yeah, maybe ballet lessons on a 40 head dairy farmers salary wasn't something my parents could do.  But I really, REALLY thought that owning a horse wasn't far fetched.  I learned 5 years and 62 bleating sheep later, my Dad had a really good idea what his head in the clouds daughter could handle.  


I need to remember that now as situations arise when there is something I really, REALLY WANT, I need to quiet myself and listen to the wisdom of my Father.  I am his heir and knowing that, he will guide me, discipline me, and reward me with what will make me a light to the world.   


Glory to God now and forever


We make the choice to be a slave to the world or a servant to all.