September 10, 2012

... then comes the baby in the ba-by carriage.

This is a discussion I had with my littlest bear this morning:



"Mom, there is something in my dinosaur."   

I pick it up and shake it.  "There must be some sand in there."

"No.  It's not sand."

"What is it?"

"A Lego... can you get it out?"

"It sounds like sand.  How do you know it's a Lego?'

"I put it in there.  Can you get it out?"

"How did you get it in there?  Where did you put the Lego?" (The only hole I knew about was a drain hole where tub water can drain out)

"In it's mouth.  It was hungry.  I need to get it out."

"Dinosaur's eat Legos?   Well, you may need to wait until he poops it out."

Cooper thinks about this while shaking his dinosaur.  "He can't poop it out......... Let's cut it out!!"

"You can't cut it out, Cooper!  We have no bandaids for dinosaurs and he's going to cry!"

"But we NEED to GET IT OUT!"

"Then don't stick things where they don't belong!"



....And there I realized, I had Stage1 talk with my little boy about the birds and the bees....