March 21, 2010

here it goes....

I've started planning my Mom's 70th birthday party and it's a secret.  I'm thinking.. no, hoping no one in her family has her gift of gab and slips up.  That includes me.  I'm no gabber, I'm a thinker and I think out loud especially concrete things.  

It's 2 months out and I'm pretty much doing everything.  Only because I'm a control freak on my own ideas.  I've had this in my head since her last birthday.  Now I finally have a chance to act it out.   

I'm completely psyched on this whole situation because it doesn't include diapers, homework or Legos.  And...
I'M IN CONTROL OF THE SITUATION. 

Now, that may be all in my head.  However, even after 3 kids, I still am baffled by what my children say and do.  I'm ok if the shelter isn't available, or someone doesn't have tables, or doesn't bring in enough drinks.  That situation can be remedied.  I'm NOT ok with Thing 3 puking, while a very able Thing 1 pushes Thing 2 out into the front lines at that very moment to ask for a snack with chocolate milk.

Did I mention the party is 4 hours away with no Mountain Man help?  Just give me my ipod and some chocolate and a little cocktail if you have it.....