March 22, 2010

Ewww......wait.. cool!!

Thing 2 started turning over my border bricks to see what was underneath.  I usually worked in my garden along side him and did an occasional, "Ohhh cool."  or "What it THAT?"  or  "Wow... don't bring that inside."   

Thing 3 has taken up that hobby.  I have to watch him a little more closely.  He tends to eat things.  Therefore, I'm catching the "Finding things under a rock" hobby. 


I found myself face in the dirt to see what insects can flatten themselves to live under the rocks, watching other "things" upclose, also what kind of eggs and tunnels they make.  Then little fingers push between my nose and the dirt to mess things around a bit to get things moving.  We did this for about half an hour before I realized we had turned up the entire side of the house.   

I used to admonish the kids for doing this because it just didn't look nice and made the blocks crooked.  


Wow... talk about a buzz kill.  I'm going to put myself in time-out.