July 03, 2012

Are you going to cowgirl up, or lay there and bleed.

My son is all about instructions... He has a bin full of Lego, Bionicle, and any other toy instructions he has received in the last 3 years.   If he can't find the instructions he wants to build, he looks for them online.  I am even more amazed at how he can follow them.  He is a detail boy.
 However, he becomes FRUSTRATED when he gets at the end and things just don't fit together just right.  At those very rare times he needs my help, I find, usually, he has substituted a part that works, but makes the accessories inaccessible or off kilter... and when you are in battle and that trident/slasher/spear combination weapon cannot be grabbed quickly with that third claw/hand/appendage-type-thingy to make the kill shot. 



On a personal note, my own instructions have not been followed.  I find I throw away my own instructions or man up and say "I know myself, why do I need instructions?"  While God is laughing... I find myself doubting, double thinking my decisions and in the end throwing my confidence right out the window.  Nothing is worse than a person with no confidence.. we call those people spineless.



God gives us a gift and we sit there and say "I"ll take it from here",  "Why doesn't this work?", "Why is this happening?", "Why don't you care about me?", or "It's just not good enough".



A gift is put into our hands and  we don't know what it is.  We have lots of ideas about it.  We may or may not believe it is ours and not use it at all.  We use it for our own enjoyment.  It has a shelf life.  It has instructions. It can be put together as what we think it should look like, work like... but through all of our mutterings, questions, internal dialogue, we are getting the instructions right from the Creator, Engineer, Manufacturer.  Our own ideas may work... but we become frustrated time and time again, thinking, I'm not working hard enough, I don't have enough money, I don't have enough things, friends, etc, etc, etc.......

I am reminded of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.  She finds out she needs to trust in herself, know the gift she has all along and the shop comes to life with her own inner magic.



In Max Lucado's book, You are Mine, 'Everyone needed boxes and balls. They were the latest thing! Fancy balls. Colorful boxes. All the Wemmicks had them. All, that is, except Punchinello. Not wanting to be left out, he resolved to fit in. 


He would do whatever it took to have what others had. Eli, his maker, used the moment to remind Punchinello of this truth: "You are special, not because of what you have, but because "you are mine." Only when little Punch falls into the hands of his loving creator, Eli does he discover he is loved absolutely, positively just the way he is.'   




When we start painting, chiseling, covering, lying about who we are... we become victims.  People have pity on us for a while, but that hole becomes bigger and bigger and then swallows us.  Nip/Tuck

This gift is our career, our purpose, everything else are the accessories.

"You can never go beyond My Love and Care.  Remember that.  No evil can befall you.  Circumstances I bless and use must be the right ones for you.  But I know always that the first step is to lay your will before Me as an offering, ready that I shall do what is best, sure that, if you trust me, what I do for you will be best.  

Your second step is to be sure, and to tell me so, that I am Powerful enough to do everything ("The hearts of kings are in My rule and goverance"), that no miracle is impossilbe with me ("With God all thngs are possible" and I and My Father are one").
Then leave all with Me.  Glad to leave all your affairs in a Master Hand.  Sure of safety and protections.  Remember, you cannot see the future.  I can.  You could not bear it.  So only little by little can I reveal it to you.  Accept My Will and it will bring you joy."  

God Calling - June 29th, A.J. Russell

Trust is the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your way acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3: 5-6