April 02, 2010

the light bulb flickers...

While I was waiting in the wings with Thing 3 at church because he thinks he can sing and talk all the time, I was making up my own sermon.  

It was Maunday Thursday and the pastor was talking about the Last Supper and how it was supposed to be a festive time.. a celebration from slavery.  I could recite the story verbatim, however, that's how close it has always come... a good story.  

Here's mine:
What if George Washington is still living or Thomas Jefferson; depending on who you believe was most influential in the making of the U.S.A.  They've been close family friends for as long as you've lived.  Helping others remain free and living well.
On the 4th of July, you decide to invite them for a picnic.  At this picnic, they tell you they will die the next day.  Not only will they die, but they will by the hand of one of the family members. 

That's as far as I got.... Thing 3 started writing on me.  Then another thought struck me... why aren't more moms Christians?  Talk about a connection with Christ... loving your children no matter what because they are yours.  Constantly helping them instructing, and disciplining them because you only want what is the best for them.