February 11, 2010

Like a dummy, I feel guilty for going out and leaving the kids with anyone else besides me.   Controlling, maybe.  Thinking my kids are a little too much for someone else, maybe.  I know my place, I know my responsibilities and I know the kids are mine.  My husband secretly agrees with this.  He denies it wholeheartedly, but I know what he's thinking.  I know what everyone thinks.  I can read minds.... and this is why I need to get away!!!!!

So...One night, I'm laying awake thinking about the next "date" (a work banquet) my husband and I are going on.  I am wracking my brain wondering why I think this way.  I finally fall asleep.



I wake up remembering even Jesus had to get away from the chaos and crowds.
I am NO WHERE close to the patience and perseverence of our Lord.
I haven't the experience!
He had to climb in a boat and go the the middle of a lake.
He had to get away for 40 days.
He had to hide away with his "friends".
Of course, most of this time, he's consoling the disiples, or using the distance for better speaking tactics.  But knowing Jesus has been through "all of it" and more (the whole besting the devil and such) leaves me with a sense of comfort that my children will be taken care of.