February 06, 2010

hurry up and wait

I ordered my seeds from Jung's catalog while it was snowing. It's tradition. The picture in my head is always larger than life. I'll have to figure out how to keep my dog from peeing on my plants outside of the white fence so I don't get the runs again. I've decided to make a pole bean arbor on either side of the sidewalk that runs from the house to the garage. We might not be able to eat one side of the beans as they will be "outside the white fence". I'm also thinking planting in my landscaped area in the front of the house with cabbages, lettuce and some tomatoes. However, since that is the runway to the squirrel tree, it's not going to be a good idea. I may have to rent some lawn space from my neighbor. Or I'll just pay the kids to run interference for a $1.