October 12, 2008

humble living

it's awesome giving stuff away... but when it's turned on you.. why do I feel so.... humbled, shocked.. even embarrassed. On Thursday, we gave away a good queen mattress because it didn't work for us and also a gas fireplace from the 70s but it still worked well. Both recipients were glad for the items and we were glad to get them out of our hair. On Friday, our grocery budget didn't include a Spiderman costume for our 3 year old. He didn't agree with us. We then were given the costume buy the lady behind us and said, "Pay it forward." I was shocked. Then on Saturday, my sister-in-law gave us a Casio keyboard.... the BIG one. With the works. I'm still shaking my head at the gifts given to us. I'm not sure if it was a balance thing, because then where did my youngest son come from? We didn't expect him but he's for sure the greatest present of my life along with my other two, of course. I'm sure he's our lottery and we should spend our dollar a week on better things. Well, I know we're not in charge and that's a relief as I wouldn't trust anyone with that job.