October 14, 2008

backwards glance?

I remember as one of my first blogs I had started a workout regimine and a year and a half later I had reached my goal of 131.. Yipee. However, the day I found out I had gone in for my initial checkup when I found out I was pregnant very unexpectedly. It was a day of conflicting feelings. I was very happy to find out another one was on the way even though the chance was .01...(beware of IUDs, ladies) I was also very disappointed, that all my hard work was for naught. But now as I think of it and as I hold my 6 month old who is 17lbs and 28 inches long, maybe all that hard work wasn't all that bad. I ate better than my other two and I was COMPLETELY exhausted the whole time. But he was stronger as soon as he came out. NOW.... I have to get into the groove again. Recently I climbed the stairs at the WI Concordia bluffs from Lake Michigan to the summit on a vacation and I was NOT pleased with myself. I gained 40lbs and I now only have to lose 25. Not only am I doing this for myself, I'm doing this for my kids.. I have heart disease on both sides of my family. I have to do this. I found weights are one thing... but cardio makes you feel invincible. We'll see... I'm pinning down my exercise physiologist husband to make me a chart again... Now to pin down a start date......(to be cont.)