July 14, 2008

gimme!!!!!

While my husband was working on our little bit of landscaping, he overheard 3 women walking past him, "I have 3 kids. I don't have a life." He was chuckling as he walked into the kitchen and told me what he heard. I had a good smile because as a mediocre comedian, she is right. Most women might believe that of themselves. I used to believe that. First we get periods. We didn't ask for that. Then as a result, we can get pregnant and we are expected by our partners to deter anything from happening. Then we get pregnant for 9, no almost 10 months. Again, we didn't ask for that responsibility. Then we are expected to feed and care for these things which along with the pregnancy have COMPLETELY altered our bodies into interesting forms only which certain artists think lovely. Also, didn't ask for it. Then the wrinkles in our forhead from forever frowning at whatever comes our way determined constantly by our children. No, that is not a life. Thank goodness that's not my life. Granted, I have complained many times about how I look, how I can't do most things by myself or how we don't have the finances to take trip. However, I have been given the gift of periods for the possiblities for children. I have had 3 pregnancies that have completely altered MY IDEA of a perfect body. I have been given the miracle that is called breastfeeding. I have also been given the little "lessons in life and a mirror into my soul" called my children. No. I did not ask for all this....this is not my life. I've been handed a life much better than I would have ever planned for myself. God has a way of teaching us the dynamics of life...would you rather choose a toy to play with, or be given a toy you have to buy, put together to play with it...and then find out as your putting it together, the endless possibilities of fun?