December 11, 2006

chicken prosciutto

Another accident in the food area... We eat lots of chicken and turkey in our house... cheap and high in protien... and I am constantly running out of ideas of how to cook it... I mean... I'm digging deep into the recesses of my memory of how I have ever eaten chicken. I have to say I'm particularly impressed with myself on this dish... 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 pieces of prosciutto 1/4 c. of white cooking wine 1/2 c. of apple cider wrap the chicken with the prosciutto and place in a baking dish pour the wine and cider over the chicken and put into a 350 degrees oven for about 30 minutes or internal temperature reads 180 degrees. Take chicken out and place on a plate and pour the juices into a small saucepan. Add more cider and wine and reduce to a thin syrup. Pour over the chicken and serve. This dinner would be great with a Black Pearl white zin. and oven baked reds.