December 03, 2012

...and the thanksgiving keeps rolling in...

So many people I know have kicked a rare cancer or unknown illness back to where it came from all due to our Father's glory... Praise be HIS NAME!!  I love when a plan is coming together and we can watch it happen!!

I have a little story of my own although it's not as life and death as cancer or life-threatening infection, the context meets the demand.

My daughter came home last week to calmly tell me her science fair project was due that day.    

WHAT!!!????

Since this was her first major project aside from a 9 book reading project, she has either yet to comprehend the dire need for top grades, she didn't realize the time involved in this project, or she is that laid back. (all of the above.)

I did enough freaking out for her.

First, I made sure she knew I went through 4 years of constant freaking out to satisfy my desire to NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!  Secondly, I made her read through the packet of information and complete the attached worksheet so she would realize the amount of work needed.

She realized and like a trooper I knew she would be, set to work writing out a list of supplies needed and to put together the information she already had.

After getting the supplies, ordering the pictures and eating, we set to work.  Everything was laid out ready to be written, pasted and decorated... and then she realized.... 1/2 of her work in the form of a turquoise, purple and blue decorated notebook was nowhere . to . be . found.

Judging on her past resume of search and find, I just waited.    

No notebook.

Do it again.

No notebook.

I joined in.

No notebook and tears.

We tidied up her room.

No notebook.  More tears.

We tidied up the house.

No notebook.
"Kya start praying"

We demolished her room and put it together again.

No notebook.
"Kya, start PRAYING!"
"MOM, I AM!!"
"Now, it's time to start listening... you can do all the praying in the world, but if you don't stop the noise, you'll never hear the answer."

Pause.....

"Mom.... I gotta go."

(Lord, please help her find the notebook.)

She must have gone right to the place where it was and ......

"I FOUND IT!!!"  Comes running back upstairs, "MOM, I stopped and felt a wind in my face and knew!  I KNEW!!"  (Thank you, Jesus)

We finished the project by 11pm and we all went to bed satisfied.

... a follow up....

She came home last Friday 3 days after handing in her project  and said she had to present it (which she was terrified of).  Her teacher is, from my encounters, not warm, precise, intelligent and methodical.  Kya said after she was finished reading her blessed journal, the teacher commented with,

"And that's how it's done."

VICTORY!!!

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.  Philippians 4:6-8