August 06, 2012

Pardon me.. Excuse me...Coming through...

I've literally had to convince myself that being a stay at home mom is a job.  

Wow... that sounds horrible.  

But here's the reason...  I have been part of the household income since my first job transplanting on Schneider's Farm at age 13.   

Now with 3 kids, my husband and I believe growing a child with two parents as the primary caregiver is the best.  

But that means my job is 24/7.  I'm not going into the whole rant of how a mother's job is wonderful, that she takes on many roles... blah, blah, blah.  I realize that.. it's a wonderful blessing to called to be a Mom.  I love it.  But when you have grown up living a contributing lifestyle otherwise the roof would crash down, it's hard to break that thought pattern.  I felt obliging.  So... the only thing I could do was throw myself in the deep end.  I was all in.  I didn't realize at the beginning I could call in sick if only for an hour or declare my own spa vacations for a night or with a list of directions, take the day off!!  

Now that the kids are older, I am able to get away longer.. for A WHOLE WEEKEND!!  We've all survived my trip to Florida and Georgia to see a best friend and an uncle. 

However, that doesn't compare to an accomplishment.  I've been taking  bits of time out of my day to keep myself somewhat healthy by weight lifting and doing something along the lines of cardio.   When my church came up with a squishy version of the mudder, wounded warrior, etc., and after completing the Michael Murphy I knew I could do it.  

Part of this whole accomplishment thing is a 4 part series...
1. JUMPING at the chance to do something purely selfish for myself.
2. USING EXPENSES when I do not contribute to the family income.
3. PASSING on my job to someone else.
4. ENCOURAGING another Mom to walk down the same dark path with me.

But my wonderful husband looked at all this, gave me the roll eyes, giving me the look of, "You are delusional, you need this, do NOT even bring this up again."

So I did it...

The more children you have.. the stronger you are.....

Forced bravado


I'm smiling because I have a good pace... 10 step from the starting line.
 It all went downhill after that first demon of a hill.


"Monkey bars like Kya... Monkey bars like Kya......"

ACCOMPLISHED!!!